Getting Started with Blender
If you're completely new to Blender, here's how to get up and running.
- Download Blender for your platform. You'll want a stable release to start out with, as you advance you may download the daily builds, but I've never done that.
- Install and launch the application.
- Learn the basics of the interface in Blender. I'd recommend the free CG Cookie Blender Basics course. If you want to dive a little deeper, a subscription to CG Cookie is a great idea.
- Start off with the simplest of projects: Making a render of a cube. You're probably thinking that it might be too easy, but I promise that you'll appreciate this step on your next project. A failed render is a learning experience, but it can also be a big waste of time.
- Bookmark a few sites that fall into these categories: